Run Sophie Run [x]
she is the most amazing thing ever to happen ever
3 notes Comments
Everything in life can be taken from you save for these two things: your faith and your honor. (That is to say, your beliefs/convictions, and the value of your character.) You alone possess the power to instill these within yourself. No one can take them from you, and ultimately, no one else is responsible for their development. Faith and honor alone will determine who you are when you are stripped of everything else.
Spend your life focusing on what’s important.
1. Start slow. Keep your mileage low and allow for plenty of rest days (even when you think you don’t need it). Don’t compare yourself to other runners (especially bloggers), you don’t know how long they’ve been running and everyone’s body can handle different paces/distances.
2. Mix up your running surfaces. This helps prevent injury as pavement and other hard surfaces are tough on your body day after day. Alternatives: treadmill, trails, turf field, dirt paths, etc.
3. Sign up for a 5K race to stay motivated. Having a goal keeps your going through the hard runs, early mornings, and soreness. It makes it less tempting to give up because you are signed up for a race that you most likely paid an entry fee for.
4. Get the proper shoes for your feet. Running in the right shoes is so important. This is the one thing I wish I had known five years ago when I first started running seriously, it would have prevented a couple years of chronic shinsplints.
5. Warm-up, cool-down, stretch, and foam roll. Ah, the things we runners love to skip when we’re in a rush. But when we’re injured, we’re kicking ourselves for not paying more attention to it. A foam roller is a “poor persons massage” and I highly recommend investing in one.
6. Read. There is so much free information out there to help you get started with running. Some of my favorites include: Runner’s World, Women’s Running, Active.com, and of course other bloggers (for example, Sisters Running the Kitchen and Healthy Tipping Point)
(via health-gasm)950 notes Comments
Little reminders :)
(via kaylaadreams)1,690 notes
"I wish I’d partied a little less. People always say ‘be true to yourself.’ But that’s misleading, because there are two selves. There’s your short term self, and there’s your long term self. And if you’re only true to your short term self, your long term self slowly decays."
(via kaylaadreams)28,066 notes Comments
I thought this said “train like you’re a spoon”
Oh my god me too
Hahahahaha I’m glad you agree with yourself
I’m so embarrassed omg
People need to not reblog this omg it’s mortifying
(via prettylittle-runner)8,540 notes Comments
I don’t find myself unattractive, but I also don’t find myself attractive.
I feel like I’m just sort of here, not something that really grabs anyone’s attention.
Sort of like a chair.
Or maybe a lamp.
I love lamp. ;)
(via funsized-loser)333,867 notes Comments
50,591 notesMeryl Streep on working with Chris and Liam Hemsworth
Get it girl
become-a-warrior asked: The sword in the stone?
One time you did something you thought you’re not capable of
Very long, stupid answer because I’m so bored.
Once upon a time…Comments
Anonymous asked: The little mermaid & the emperors new groove
Have I ever done something my parents told me not to do?
No, not really… The great thing about my parents is they never explicitly tell me I’m not allowed to do something or I can’t do something. They tell me what they think is the wise thing to do, but they let me make my own choices always. It seems to be effective because I’ve never done anything they wouldn’t approve of, except maybe read a book or watch a show they wouldn’t like.
If I were an animal, what animal would I be?
Offta, probably an Eagle. They fly around, majestically, and they’re protected from hunters by law. That’s a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.Comments
NO. NO. NO. I am so tired of seeing shit like this.
Stop pushing the idea that you must be incredibly skinny/underweight to be attractive or “perfect”. All bodies are good bodies.
These are not weights you should aim for.
They are not “perfect” nor will these weights make you perfect.
They are all UNDERWEIGHT.
This isn’t to say girls who are naturally skinny are unhealthy or in danger if their weight is in these ranges. I am not saying that, I am only pointing out the fact that these are NOT realistic/healthy weights for the majority of us.
lemme resurrect this post because SOME of yall need to reevaluate some shit
Holy fuck this is so ridiculously not okay. I would literally be dead if I weighed 114.
hahahaha this list is telling me to lose 40 lb. sorry, no. not dropping ~1/3 of my body weight for any reason.
GUYS, QUICK, HELP. HOW DO I LOSE 103lb???????????
FUCK I NEED TO LOSE 50KG.
I haven’t weight 47kg since I was 10
I’d be dead before reaching 48kg.
(via 10000steps)10,304 notes Comments
7 notes Comments
❤️ these two #jlaw and #lupita #oscars2014